Teen Titans Go
So I am a huge fan of Teen Titans, the animated series. Huge fan. I was not happy when I heard that they would be bringing it back as whatever-this-is. But I was really just desperate for the characters back.
I actually ended up laughing a lot more than I expected. I think that it really does benefit from having the same characters. If these were new iterations of the same characters with different actors, or new characters altogether, the show wouldn’t work.
At least Red isn’t dead. :)
I was prepared for the worst. I wonder if they were intentionally trying to make us think it would be Red.
It was a great episode either way. I figured out less than halfway through that it would definitely be Cora and that Red was just a red-herring. I’m glad, because that would have been a huge detraction from the show. Even if she’s not prominent, at least she’s alive - as long as she’s alive she has the potential to come back in a big way. Will she? Not sure. Hope so!
But man, what a great episode. As soon as Cora smiled at Regina I just groaned, “Oh, this is going to hurt.” And it did. Now I just imagine what would have happened if Cora had never ripped out her heart.
Also, great way to make everyone think Regina was Gold’s daughter for a whole five minutes. Almost bought it.
The OUAT Facebook page
is seriously starting to annoy me. I do not need hourly reminders hyping up the episode with the same status. They’re not even saying anything about the episode. It’s just “Yeah guys, someone is TOTALLY GONNA DIE”
“SERIOUSLY GUYS, DEATH”
“Really though, you’re gonna probably cry’.
“Sunday. Dying. BE THERE.”
That is basically how it feels to me.
Is this their strange attempt to try and boost the ratings? Haha, a more effective attempt would be to stop putting in breaks. :)
you know? I think I didnt dream it but at the beggining of the season I swear there was a talk of regina trying to get red by her side , I think megan posted a twitt about that or something like that I can't remmeber but we need to make a digging i would LOVE to see red as a villian.
I know the line you’re talking about - it’s from an interview in preparation for “Child of the Moon”.
It would crush me on the inside, but I think as a viewer it would be an interesting way to go. Red has so much good in her, no matter what she has done, that it seems the only way to turn her evil is to force it upon her either through the death/resurrection or stealing her heart.
She has sacrificed so much for Snow. It would not be difficult for me to believe that Regina or Cora would try to use that against them both.
Now, would I want it to be permanent? No. Would I enjoy it while it lasted? Of course. Drama!
Would I rather she not die in the first place? Damn straight. Killing her and leaving her dead would be a huge waste.
Pros and Cons of Red’s rumored demise:
So, I’m convinced that Red will die in the next episode. It pains me. I loathe the idea of Sunday right now. However, there are some ways this might actually help the show - so long as the death does not remove Meghan from the show entirely:
- This would CRUSH Snow and cause a lot of awesome drama. I love Snow, but it would be awesome to watch her go through that. As a viewer…
- Frankenwolf! I am actually convinced they have planned Red’s death for this reason. It can’t be a coincidence that she is being killed off RIGHT after she and Frankenstein have been paired together. Hopefully I am not wrong because that is a wasted ship and a shame because the viewers and actors seemed excited about it.
- With the above, that gives Red the potential of “coming back wrong”. While that sounds like a bad thing, it would be very interesting to see her and Snow at odds. It would be like a ship torn asunder but with a brotp instead of an otp.
- Speaking of - why haven’t the writers done more to try and turn Red evil? She’s the freaking “BIG BAD” Wolf!
- If they’re killing her because they can’t figure out what to do with her character after making her a regular, then that’s really lazy and they should have thought farther ahead. Plus they’re wrong, because Red has enormous potential (as a villain, mwhahahaha).
- It might have no impact at all and will be a waste - Graham died and all that remained of him was his jacket. Red is Snow’s best friend, and Belle’s too! She deserves better than to be forgotten like that.
- She might really be gone for good. And that would make me very upset. I might actually have to stop watching the show to deal with my feelings.
Yep, they’re going to kill Ruby. And I’m going to be pissed.
Apart from Jared, Meghan is the only series regular that won’t be at the Fest tomorrow. That, on top of her not being anywhere near the set while they’ve been filming lately, seriously has me concerned for Red.
I can deal with her not being prominent in the show, but I can’t deal with her being killed off or anything.
Red’s lack of real connection to the plot and not having seen anything about her filming recently has me worried that maybe she’s the one they’ll kill off in The Miller’s Daughter just to do it.
The only way to make things MORE complicated:
With all the family tree twists and turns, I just expect the show to make the other two main characters related to the rest somehow. They never mention Red’s father, so why not make her George’s bastard love child or something? And then Belle’s mother can be related to Cora somehow for extra angst. Like a younger sister or slightly distant cousin.
Now that we kind of have Peter Pan, can we have Tinkerbell? And can she be played by Mae Whitman?
Or what if this “Tamara” is Tinkerbell? That’s why she’s with Neal in New York and comes back with him. I could dig that.